1. Who doesn’t like lumberjacks, beards (which is maybe a given with the first), and yellow birds? The beautiful illustration work of Paul X. Johnson is, well, beautiful.
2. I love podcasts, if it wasn’t super obvious, and one of my favourites is Your Dreams My Nightmares. In this week’s episode, Sam Weber chats with Leah Goren, Walter Green and Josh Cochran about Internet Fame and it was super interesting hearing all of their different takes on it.
3. I resonated a lot with this post on Medium on this guy’s “Weird Morning Ritual and Why You Need One Too”. I’m totally with him on FB being a breeding ground for negativity and all the things I don’t want to see in the morning–or ever, really.
4. I see a lot of books, articles and tips promoting writing business plans, but I tend to disagree and think you don’t really need one and that in fact, they can hinder you. It’s an interesting topic so I wrote this article for Computer Arts Magazine on why it’s time to burn your business plan, inspired by Rework.
5. Have you guys heard about how one stupid tweet blew up Justine Sacco’s life? It’s a crazy read, but I kept getting distracted by the awesome photo-manipulated illustrations in the piece which are by the awesome (and Canadian!) Andrew B. Myers. Can’t get enough.
6. I had been searching high and low for this string of pearl succulent plant before finding a nursery in my own home town of Milton (at Terra Greenhouse). I have a DIY for showcasing this little guy, but you’ll have to wait and see what it is, and WHERE it’s being blogged and hosted from. Something cool in the works for a brand collaboration I’m a part of. Shhh.
7. @thriveandprosper makes baskets out of concrete, rattan and rope. The result is somethin’ else.
8. @caseydsibley‘s ink marks. Sometimes those testing brush strokes are the best ones.
9. @cuttalossa makes various artisan home goods and textiles out of Philly. Mmmmm, needing this alpaca throw right about now. Today where I live feels like -35.